Saturday 20 September 2008

The Troll and Mannaz...



So, I am doing quite well in my ruminations of the Runes I think...not sure what you are thinking, or whether you think I should be carted off to the nearest hospital for a time of 'recouperation'. If you are not yet convinced of this then my next stream may have you wondering otherwise......

The Little Troll..


Standing in a lift, the music dances off the walls, screaming 'lounge'. We step inside and move up to the 12th floor as the lift screams to a halt and a little troll gets in on the 6th floor.
Wearing a gown of blue and silver shoes he does a little dance between us and he starts to incant ' You will not get to the 12th floor, no you wont, no you wont!' As the dance gets more frenetic he starts to climb the walls of the elevator, his silver feet somehow finding grip on the silver walls.
'No you wont get there!' he sings as his green eyes dance and shine.

The lift reaches the 12th floor. In a haze of ire and angst the little troll slides back down the wall, shuffles off out of the doors and wrinkles his whiskers at us in defeat. We walk out onto the 12th floor amidst a cloud of candyfloss and pearlescent rain.

~~~~~~~~~

Haha poor troll, so definate in his rant and it to end in such an anti-climax!
Bare in mind that is what was in my subconscious at the time, waiting to be poured out... funny what goes on inside the mind isn't it? But it is interesting as looking at this I CAN find an inner meaning (believe it or not....!) as with the others! It does also help me to tap into some creativity I never thought was there! Plus, it is, as I have said before, a great exercise to do before meditating on me runes.....

The Rune of the Day....



Mannaz ; 20th Rune My Waffles....
" A rune of cooperation, humanity and interdependence. 'No man is an island' or so the saying goes! And Mannaz offers us this saying. Work together and we can move mountains. Love, live and laugh in cooperation.
Alone we stand divided, isolated and left to 'fight' whatever it is, alone. If we multiply 1 by 2 and get 2, then 2 by 2 and so forth and see all these numbers as people joining together for the common good for ALL then we can succeed as humanity. Hippy dippy, all you need is love stuff, maybe, but I sure do dig Mannaz!"


The Official Waffles....
So I was kind of surprised when I checked on the 'official' meaning denoted by Mannaz in that I was quite accurate in my waffles! So, far this exercise has shown me how close I am to understanding the general meaning of a rune which is, I am sure, the beginning! So here we go;
Mannaz holds the elements and concepts of;


  • Humanity as a whole

  • Companionship

  • Assistance from others

  • Intelligence

  • People

  • Cooperation

  • Organisation

  • Empathy

  • Tolerance

  • Compassion
  • The Divine in the human

So I am quite enamoured of Mannaz. I mean I do like my isolation at times, and have always hated crowds, but I think the idea of love, companionship, empathy and helping your fellow human is vital! I am often of the utopic mind of peace, love, and tolerance conquers all and the ole phrase 'why can't we just be nice to one another' seems such an easy thing to say but seems very difficult in todays society....
Anyway I shant go on with me idealistic ramblings! Till next time....

Put a little Mannaz in yer soul!
Blessings
xx

P.s Can anyone tell me why blogger is so insistant on changing my spaces when I go to preview? Even when I have saved before hand! It sets it out nothing like I have and when I come to post the bloomin thing I am left with gaps all oo-er the place and spaces I never included...phew...now I have to reset it all....!





3 comments:

Kitty said...

Go into 'edit html' sweetie, and just delete all the spaces. I got so pissed off with Blogger doing stuff to my writing, that I write everything in html to start with these days. Saves a lot of frustration!

I like the story of the troll. I can give it lots of meaning too. And I love the shape on that rune - I don't know why, but it feels very 'happy' to me? What's that about then?

xxx

Lily-Wren said...

Hi Kitty :)
Thanks for that...just did it! I think I shall have to do that from now on..
As for the Rune, yes it is quite a happy one :) If you notice the top part of it it also has a couple of other runes present... namely Gefo which is like a x and the rune of partnership, love, gifts and forgiveness. The other rune is Dagaz (like 2 triangles joined together) which means 'day', new beginning, enlightenment, transformation, hope, happiness and awareness amongst other things. So, not surprising Mannaz is such a 'happy' rune with the inclusion of other runes within!!

xx

PENolan said...

I hate it when blogger does that to my posts, too.

From a fellow rune-thrower
Tricia
Menopausal Stoners