Saturday 3 September 2011

The Spider & The Fly


The Spider & The Fly, originally uploaded by Lily-Wren.

'I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?' said the Spider to the Fly.
'There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin;
And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!'
'Oh no, no,' said the little Fly, 'for I've often heard it said,
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!'

Taken from 'The Spider and the Fly" by Mary Howitt.

Oh dear, poor Felix the fly. This spider is camped out on my window outside. The web, like the spider, is massive but the light and position means I am having to think carefully on how to capture the full web, and do it justice. Poor flies stand no chance against Horace...

#8 ~ Web in 111 pictures in 2011

2 comments:

sasastro said...

Lily that's a fantastic picture - always thought the rhyme a bit creepy though ;-)

Lily-Wren said...

Hey Sas, thanks :) I know, the poem is quite dark!